Customized Workplace Harassment Prevention Training Sessions
Workplace harassment and associated claims can hurt employees, create controversy and seriously erode employee morale. Investigating claims is time consuming and expensive, and the truth or correct result is not always evident. While a good policy is a good start, it may not be enough. Take steps now to avoid workplace harassment – and harassment claims – through effective training. This training will help your business prevent workplace harassment, and workplace harassment claims. In addition, under the law, it may be a legal defense if the employer took appropriate steps to avoid and deal with claims. An employer actually can successfully counter an otherwise valid harassment claim by showing that it took reasonable steps to prevent and redress harassment. Evidence of workplace harassment prevention training can be the difference between winning and losing.
Training for Employees
- Approximately 30 to 45 minutes
Train your employees on how to prevent workplace harassment and what to do if it occurs. Effective training can help create a positive workplace environment and sends the message that harassment won’t be tolerated in your workplace.
Training for Supervisors, Managers, Executives and HR Professionals
- Approximately 45 to 60 minutes
To be done correctly, employees in or aligned with management should receive different training because they are responsible for administering the company policy and are the most common targets of workplace harassment claims. This training will include important information on avoiding litigation through effective investigation and remediation of internal workplace harassment complaints.
- Flat fee of $400 for one training session. Each additional training session is $200.
- Includes customized training by one of the attorneys in our employment law group based upon your workplace harassment policy and any special concerns associated with your business, preparation time, presentation time, travel time to and from your business, and any related expenses. At your option, you can audio or video record our training sessions for future use.
- If your business elects both employee and supervisory training, all sessions after the initial training session are at the "all in" flat fee of $200 per session.
- Training sessions are conducted at your facility.
- If you are interested in holding your training session at another location, we can arrange an alternative venue at an additional cost.
If you would like to schedule a training session, please email Jessica Ficklin at .